Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Pearl. I have an iPF755. After numerous Head Cleans A &

Customer Question
Hi Pearl. I have an...
Hi Pearl. I have an iPF755. After numerous Head Cleans A & B, the nozel check continues to print 2 white lines through the top cyan block and the top magenta block is completely missing. The printer also returns error 2F42 after finishing the cleaning cycle. Any suggestions?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/9/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. That error can mean various, troublesome, hardware issues: defects in controller circuitry, air in the lines, and other things. How old is your iPF755 ? is it your own, or are you working on it as a servicing job ? The first thing to try, IMO, is to waste some ink... and try and get either air out of the lines, or the nozzles unclogged: In outline:1. Clean the printhead.2. Wait 1/2 hour to several hours or overnight, leaving the printer On but unused (no print jobs, etc.)This allows waste ink to soak into the printhead and hopefully dissolve dried ink etc.3. Clean the printhead a second time.4. Wait again (as in step 2 above) for 1/2 hr. to several hrs., printer On but unused.5. Clean the printhead a third time.Then test whether magenta or cyan ink is showing up at all in prints at this point. If it is, even faintly, then repeating this procedure will (eventually, at the cost of a certain amount of ink wasted in the process) clear up the clogged printhead. After that fails, if it does fail, what you need to do is to decide whether replacing the printhead (which will cost something considerable, more than you would think usually) or perhaps circuit board or ink system hardware... is better, given the printer's age, or whether it would be more preferable for you to replace the printer altogether with a new one (and hopefully recycle the old printer, always a good idea.) So try the triple-cleaning-with-wait-times that I recommended, and get back to me if it doesn't work for you (so I can advise you further...)... or if it does help (- I always like to hear that something I recommended has worked!)
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech