Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

When I use the document feeder on my Officejet 3830 to make

Customer Question

When I use the document feeder on my Officejet 3830 to make a copy, a black line appears on the copy. It does not occur when I place my original on the glass.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. This will be the result of contamination in the ADF. Lift the lid over the adf and check carefully with a flashlight for any scraps of paper, stray staples or paperclips, etc. Clean all exposed rubber wheels/rollers with qtips and rubbing alcohol. Blow it out with compressed air, then close it back up.Lift the lid over the glass, then clean the underside of the lid on the far left side carefully, focusing on the thin plastic strip there (which is what guides the scanned page into the output tray), which is where the most dust tends to accumulate causing lines. Best regards,Nathan
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Do you need more help with this?