Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Samsung ProExpress Copier M3780FW, which I use only

Customer Question
for copying. For the...
I have a Samsung ProExpress Copier M3780FW, which I use only for copying. For the past 2 days, every copy has vertical lines down the middle of the page, and I am unable to correct the situation... What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
4/4/2016
Technician: Christopher Bessler, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Christopher Bessler
This is a function of having debris on your scanner glass. Most likely. If you look at the scanner glass (the small piece of glass to the left of the main copy glass that is used when using the automatic feeder) you should see whatever is causing the issue. Here is a great video which shows exactly where to look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTJpCg5sHl0While there are other possible solutions, I cannot tell you how many times THIS has been the cause for the exact issue. People start off looking as rollers, or fusers, or any one of a hundred other things, when it turns out that the small scanner glass has a piece of crud or white-out or dirt on it that makes the copier think there is a line down the middle of the original. Please let me know if you still have the issue after cleaning the scanner glass.
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler
Christopher Bessler, Engineer