John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Canon 4200F scanner and I'm trying to install the

Customer Question

I have a Canon 4200F scanner and I'm trying to install the driver on my Windows 7 32bit PC. It installs but then says I need a WIA driver. Where do I find this?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The driver installs and the scanner shows up in the Devices & Printers. When you try to use it, it says, "You need a WIA driver to use this device"
JA: Anything else I can tell the Printer Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today, Make sure the WIA service is started. Access the path below to check the same. click Start>Type Services.msc in search bar>search for WIA in the window >Double click and set it to Started if it is not. let me know the resultsThank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
has everything worked out please?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Do you still need help please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replied yesterday and have not heard anything back. My problem is not fixed.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorryi did not get your message, Please Make sure the WIA service is started. Access the path below to check the same. click Start>Type Services.msc in search bar>search for WIA in the window >Double click and set it to Started if it is not.