Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

I have a Canon Pixma MG 2100 and havi g a problem i need help

Customer Question
with...
I have a Canon Pixma MG 2100 and havi g a problem i need help with
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 1 year ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Can you please explain your problem ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes my printer got jammed with paper i was able to unjam it but now lots of lights flashing and i can't get it to work
Are you able to remove the paper completely or the paper got torn ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was in pieces but I'm pretty sure i got it all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also unplugged it and plugged it back in turn it off turn it on again things like that to see to reset it but that didn't work either
Please open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move freely or not ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's flashing on it is like a triangle orange then next to it too I think that means like a copy and then after the 2 comes up flashing then flashes P and then the color ink and the black ink is blinking but their new cartridges so it doesn't need that so pretty much every light is blinking triangle then it'll say 2 copies but then it flashes to P in the color ink in The Black Keys are flashing and the 8 x 5 x 11 is flashing
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sowrav r u still there
Thanks for the information, if all the lights are blinking together, it means there is a hardware problem. Did you checked, if the cartridges can move freely or not, as I asked you in my previous reply ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh ok checking now the ink cartridges
OK, thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just sent u two pics of the lights flashing
Thanks, ***** ***** cartridges move to the replacement position, when you open the printer cover ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cartridges r fine but they r way iver on right side
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Usually it moves back and forth where u can reach thrm better
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This printer is not old at all I didn't get it but about a year ago or so and the cartridges are brand new too and like I said it got a paper jam I got the paper out and ever since these lights have been flashing and I can't get it to work but it's not sliding backward the ink cartridges are all the way to the right usually it'll slide over and it's not
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
R u still there
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sowrav r u still with me?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello
Yes, thanks for the update, I really appreciate the detailed reply. Now, as you can see the cartridges do not stay in the normal position when you open the printer cover. It means the sensor of positioning the cartridges is not working properly. This can only happen, when we forcefully remove any jammed paper. As you said that the paper was in pieces, it means you may have removed the paper in a wrong way and that could have damaged the sensor. A printer is consist of various sensors and they are very delicate parts, if we do not remove anything from the printer in proper way, the sensor get damaged easily. Sometimes a paper jam can also cause this problem and the customer face this type of problem after removing the paper in one piece. The problem can be solved just by replacing the sensor, but unfortunately it cannot be done at home, because to replace the sensor, the printer have to completely dismantled.
Did you saw my last reply ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes just saw it u disappeared on me
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But why am i bei g charged 16 bucks and 23 bucks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want a refund ur site said quarantee
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Plus i never authorized the 23
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I want my 23 and my 16 back on my card
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long will that take or should i call my bank right now
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer