John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have had a cannon printer Pixma model #IP4200 years

Customer Question

I have had a cannon printer Pixma model #IP4200 for many years and have never had problems with it. This is my 2nd Cannon machine I have owned But today, as I am printing, the pages come out blank???
I have noticed lately that the printing has been faded and the colors are not brilliant like they were before. I have the ink cartridges in the right spot, and they are all full,
I went thru the maintenance on line to clean the heads...but still nothing is working.
Can you please tell me what to do next?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today. The issue might be with the printhead of the printer. Please try the following and let me know the result. Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there. Thank you.S H E F I N