Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

The I message is saying that there is a printer jam, but the

Customer Question

The I message is saying that there is a printer jam, but the paper was removed. I don't see any paper jammed in the printer. How can I get the printer to reset
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket). Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still shows that there is a paper jam after unplugging it for 10 mins.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you open it please where you put the ink in and look for any pieces of paper, no matter how small and try to locate anything that can be setting off the sensor. If you can use a vacuum cleaner to clean this, please do (with it powered off)Then power it on and tell me if it now functions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My printer has those littletters ink cartridges
I removed all of them and didn't see any paper stuck.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, are you able to get someone to help you turn it upside down and a bit of a shake to shake out anything stuck in it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not do the trick. I've unplugged it again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, It is a paper sensory that has faulted, it is the only cause then left I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you