Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

We have a Epson NX420 and run Windows 10...

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 1 year ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome Emily

Can you tell me please the issue you are having with the printer?

thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The printer part works well but the scanner option does not work. I have uninstalled, installed, updated drivers, checked connections...nothing seems to work. You can print from the computer to printer but cannot scan from computer to scanner

Ok, what happens when you try to scan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nothing

Which program are you using to scan?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The Epson Scan program that comes with the printer

Thanks

Are you connecting to the printer via wireless or a USB cable?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wireless...it has always worked perfectly until we upgraded to Windows 10. Once we upgraded it was spotty now it doesn't scan at all

Thanks

Press the window key + R and type in

msconfig

press enter

Make sure Normal Startup is selected

Click ok, restart and tell me if it now scans please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does not work...it comes up with a cannot communicate with scanner message...The wireless is working, when i print it works. when i pull up scanner settings it identifies the scanner but cannot connect?!

ok, but did you do the instructions I just gave you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done everything 2x, even restarted...same response

Thanks

Can you click on start, type in Devices and Printers

Click on it and right click on your printer and select Remove.

Once done, restart the computer.

Then go back to Devices and Printers.

Click on Add Printer, select your printer when it appears in the list and install it

Then try to scan

Please let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
same thing...nothing! I have removed device, updated drivers, restarted and still get the same message...cannot communicate with scanner

Can you remove the power to the wifi router and the printer and power off the computer

Wait 5 minutes, power on the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, power on the printer, then the computer then try to scan and tell me if it then scans please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
still same message

Thanks

It is an incompatibility with windows 10 sorry, we have ruled out all other causes for this.

Your only options here would be to return to your previous version of windows (if you wish to do this, ask me how) or you would need to purchase a new printer (most current ones do now work with windows 10)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thats what I thought..is it realistic to return to a previous version of Windows or just upgrade printers...not really been happy with Windows 10 but is it inevitable

How long ago did you upgrade to windows 10?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
last 6 months

ok, its not possible then to go back sorry, its only within 30 days.

You will need to replace the printer, with one thats compatible with windows 10.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks!

your welcome

Again, if you need anything, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the page then submit

Thank you

Richard, Technician