Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I was currently printing on a Ricoh MPC2503, everything

Customer Question

Hello there!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was currently printing on a Ricoh MPC2503, everything working fine and suddenly stop working. No I have restart the machine and does not boot up and the screen remains black. Right after I start it some moving parts start sounding. (This is normal, every time does that) But after that does not show anything on the screen. Is like the software is not booting up i believe.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the machine, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I disconnected the machine from the power supply and waited 10 minutes just now. The issue remains the same.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** hoping it was residue power but its the internal memory that has faulted, this confirms it. It cannot read from the memory and this is why it stops loading/

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why does this happen? I was printing just find and suddenly I sent another file and it received and the nothing came out. Just as if the machine would reset the job list. Then I turned it on and off and then the problem went worse, as it is now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The memory had faulty sectors and then it cannot be read. Its a failure in the materials used, a hardware failure.

As it wrote to more faulting sectors, it gets worse until it is not able to be read at all as you see now

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I see. Then I will have to turned it in. Thanks for your support. Tomorrow I will schedule a technician visit and will get back to you and tell you what he said. See you later Mr. Richard. Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What's the code to soft reset the console on the MPC2503?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

107 but if you do not see the screen you cannot do this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The on blue LED is on and the machine makes all the correspondent sounds when I open the trays. I just like the LCD that is no show. I would really appreciate another way that could solve this issue. At least try something else other than just give up like that. I am sorry to keep asking but I needed to print some reports and this is the only printer that we have at the office now.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I understand..... but the problem I explained is the problem you have and they are going to need to change out the memory in the printer.,

I know you want a different answer, but the only way to give that would be to just lie and it still would not resolve the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I understand you. Thanks for your time Mr. Richard. Hope they can solver that tomorrow. Can they change it here at the office or they have to take the machine with them?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

They can do it in the office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I see. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome

If you need anything else, let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars at the top then submit

Thank you