Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

CANNON PIXMA MG 5660 PRINTER SCANNER ADVICE. SCANNER WITHIN

Customer Question
CANNON PIXMA MG 5660 PRINTER...
CANNON PIXMA MG 5660 PRINTER SCANNER ADVICE. SCANNER WITHIN PRINTER IS NOT REGISTERING ON MY LAPTOP. YET ALL OTHER COMPONENTS
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/21/2016
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI joel, my computer is a HP Windows 10 Laptop.
The scanner in my printer used to appear in Quick canon menu but it has no options now.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took a screen shot of the canon quick menu showing scan blank but cant attach it here in conversation.

We can resolve this problem by uninstalling your printer software completely and reinstalling it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried doing this by turning it off unplugging it from laptop and uninstalling it from my computer and then I plugged it back in usb port and placed cd back in but it didn't resolve it
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have already paid $41 for you to connect and fix this issue. So no I don't want to pay another $37 when it should be rectified under the $41
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you can explain it here I will do it myself.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I feel you guys are about to rip me off. I paid for your services so can you please help me. Otherwise I will ask for a refund.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello are you there

I apologize if you received a pop-up ad for Premium Service. It came from the system, not from me. Secure Desktop Support would only become necessary if you were unable to follow my detailed directions.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok so what are your detailed directions then and I will see if I can follow it

If you are not satisfied that I have solved your problem, you do not have to give me a rating, and you will not be charged.

Please hold on while I review what you have already done to solve the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hang on, you just said that secure remote assistance would only be necessary if I can't follow your detailed instructions. You haven't given me any detailed instructions yet. Please give me directions.

Okay, look. I cannot work with you, because you are hostile and impatient.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not hostile just unsure what I have paid for. Please don't go just yet. I need your support. If you can't work with me then how do I get my money back that I have just spent for you to help me?

First, you need to uninstall all the software for the Canon MG5660 by going to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program. Be very carefulnot to uninstall any other programs while you are scrolling and selecting the software.

If you want to have a usb connection, you can leave the usb cable attached. You do not need to disconnect it for this procedure.

Next, you need to download and install the latest drivers from the official Canon website, so that you will be guaranteed to get the latest bug fixes and updates. You can do this by selecting the following link: http://tinyurl.com/zk32lkp

After uninstalling the software and before reinstalling the drivers, if you have not already done so, you should restart your computer.

After rebooting your computer, you can get back to this conversation by selecting the link in your email notification.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. My name is ***** ***** I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Before reinstalling the printer drivers, go to Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > View Devices & Printers and delete the old print server icon for your printer. If you have already installed the drivers, you can rename the new print server icon, so that it will have the original name.

When selecting the link above, repeated here: http://tinyurl.com/zk32lkp, select the first item listed, which is the MG5600 SEries Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64).

Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer