Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Have Model MX892 - Says printer error occured B200

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
3/16/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 1 year ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

The error code b200 usually indicates an issue with printhead

there are few intermediate steps that we can try

remove the cartridge...turn off the unit....unplug the power cable...manually slide the carriage assembly\ printhead back and forth
also clean the rail against which the assembly slides with a tissue ensuring that there is no ink residue on it
clean the golden contacts of the cartridges and the printhead with a cotton swab dipped in little alcohol
once these steps have been done turn on printer and check

if even after that the error code continues the printhead may need to be replaced..

if unit is within warranty you may contact canon at 1-800-OK-CANON else if out of warranty you may get it serviced through a local printer repair store

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest cleaning and reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. If you are unable to follow the steps i gave feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert