Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Have a brother wireless printer and it won't print. Keeps

Customer Question

Have a brother wireless printer and it won't print. Keeps saying a print job In question is preventing the printing process
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

We can reset the print job database.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ? If Windows, what version of Windows are you using ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help ? If so, please answer my questions and reply here, and I will send you instructions in here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You haven't even told me how to reset it?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No, because I'm waiting for you to answer my question. The instructions are based on your computer type. Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Please tell me that info and I will send you instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. That was I need. Usually turning off the printer and unplugging it for a minutes should work. Try it. If that didn't work, then follow the steps below;

First method :

Press Windows and X at same time and this will bring a pop up window. Select Command Prompt (Admin). Run it.

Then type the following commands exactly and press enter after each line

net stop spooler

del /F /Q C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*

net start spooler

Try to print.

Second method :

Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type services.msc and press enter

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Stop.

Then press Windows and R to bring run again and type the following command press enter

%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Delete all files from the resulting window (from the resulting Printers folder)

From the resulting window, find Print Spooler. Right click on it and select Start. Try to print now.

If it still not working, then we have to remove the printer and add it as new printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Both of the above methods will reset it. You can try either to reset the printing queue. Try second method as it is more easy.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?