Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Canon Color ImageCLASS MF8280Cw, how will I know my…

Customer Question
I have a Canon Color...
I have a Canon Color ImageCLASS MF8280Cw, how will I know my faxes are going through?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/11/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Normally when everything is working correctly, you would get a fax status report after the machine sends the fax out. But it doesnt sound like youre sending faxes out.

I suggest you run through the fax setup procedure again, on the page below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART140501&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1457658984015

Some points of failure, make sure you have the phone line plugged into the right port!

If you have an answering machine or other system connected to your fax line, that may cause issues so let me know.

also, make sure the line type is set to tone, and not pulse.

If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.