John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Epsom XP-400 won't let me scan. It asks connection,

Customer Question

My Epsom XP-400 won't let me scan. It asks for USB connection, as it connected to the computer, all wires are connected so why ? What can I do about it?
I want to scan something, sent it to my computer and email it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously? Is printing currently working fine?

Do you have the EPSON Scan on your computer? If yes, what happens if you open the EPSON Scan program and scan?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has scanned before. I have windows 10 the computer is an Acer Microsoft. I wanted to scan a document and email it, but the printer wouldn't scan. On the screen of the Printer it said USB connection, as everything is plug in as it should be, why?

Is printing currently working fine?

Did it scan before with windows 10 (or with windows 7 or 8, etc.)?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly for you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you.