Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Canon Printer LBP 1120 has suddenly refused to print; It…

Customer Question
My Canon Printer LBP 1120...
My Canon Printer LBP 1120 has suddenly refused to print;
It has the warm up noise and then nothing.
It is fully plugged in , has a good print cartridge and I have turned it on and off and on again.
Nothing seems to work: I have opened the front and checked the cartridge is in place and
there are two documents pending.
The number USB 001 is the port; the status says "printing", but it just wont go.
I have paper in place....just 4 sheets, in case it wants a small number of papers.
It has been a great machine....I do hope I don't have to buy a new one.
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/9/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try turning it Off.

Unplugging it for a while.

Meanwhile, restart your computer.

Sometime after you have completely restarted your computer, and have logged in again, but enough time after to allow the printer to cool off thoroughly, plug the printer back in, turn it On, and see if you can just send something small from the simplest program you have on your computer - e.g. *not* Photoshop nor other Adobe products, but something more like

Notepad

which if your computer is a Windows PC, is supplied with Windows.

Let me know what happens, please. Thanks.