Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Epson CX8400 Printer and I ran out of ink. I bought…

Customer Question
I have a Epson CX8400...
I have a Epson CX8400 Printer and I ran out of ink. I bought the new cartridges and changed them but I cannot get rid of the messages telling me to change them, It's like a loop. How can I get rid of those messages and be able to print my documents?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/7/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

let me know the operating system installed on the computer thats connected to the printer

it's Windows 10 and I've used that many, many times before, it's just when I tried to change the ink cartridges

did you change the ink cartridges by changing the ink change option on the printer itself or from the computer

on the printer itself

ok..please open control panel..devices and printer

right click on the epson printer icon..click on printer preferences

click on the advanced\maintainence\utility tab

find the option for ink cartridge replacement and click on it

go as per steps listed and remove the ink cartridges and reseat them in again and keep clicking the next button accordingly on computer

it should start the ink charging

let me know how it goes

let me know the status and i will suggest further accordingly

I was not able to find it. On the Printing Preferences and then Advanced there's only Paper/output
is there any place where I can take the printer?

ok..please remove the ink and turn off printer

unplug power cord

keep the ON button on printer pressed for 10 secs

wait for a minute

plug in power cord and turn on printer

insert ink

let me know if it starts charging the ink or not

No, the same message: Press the OK button to replace ink cartridges

ok..how old is the printer

A few years already but has always worked perfectly

it seems that the sensor that detects the new ink and starts charging it is not working correctly or it could be an issue with the ink cartridges as well

if you have another set of cartridges you can test with them

however if alternate is not available or if it repeats the problem the ink sensor and charging mechanism would have to be checked

this would require the printer to be serviced

youcan click here to find the nearest service center

i hope you understand that in case of hardware faults i can suggest reset steps but cannot make a bad part work again

let me know if you have any questions

you may also call at

(###) ###-####/p>

Hours:

Mon.- Fri.6AM-8PM (PT)

Sat.7AM-4PM (PT)

to get information about nearest service center

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the stars on top right of the page and hit submit.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert