Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have Canon Pixma printer MG 5622. It printed an 8 x 10

Customer Question

I have Canon Pixma printer MG 5622. It printed an 8 x 10 black and white document yesterday. Then I tried to print a 4 X 6 colored picture yesterday. I became frustrated and quit for the day and so today I tried again and the same thing is happening. I am sure that I am loading the paper correctly but I keep getting an error that says I have no paper in the printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check all settings on the computer or other device you are printing from, in both the program's print settings, and in the driver settings on the computer for that printer.

The print settings are probably directing you to a paper source or paper tray or feed tray etc., that is not loaded with paper. Thus a 'paper out' signal. But it is not referencing every paper tray, or the one you loaded with paper - it is referencing the paper tray the software is trying to direct the print job toward.