Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just connected my new Brother MFC-L2740DW printer to one…

Customer Question
I just connected my new...
I just connected my new Brother MFC-L2740DW printer to one of two mac laptops I own. I have tried repeatedly to make it work with my second mac laptop, but it won't. Even though both machines are connected to the wireless in my home; and even though when I hit the print page it shows on my computer that it's going to the printer - an error symbol pops up and when I check it, it says the printer is not online. But it is online and works perfectly well with my other laptop. Arrrrgggghhhh! Can you help???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/6/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N