Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannon mg5300 goes through motions does not print only get…

Customer Question
cannon mg5300 goes through motions...
cannon mg5300 goes through motions does not print only get blank page
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/5/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

didn't work
the icons are gone from my screen, can we set up the printer again?

Are you able to print like Xerox without using the computer?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

no

Have you tried cleaning?

Are you able to print a nozzle check pattern?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

i'M DONE WITH THIS SERVICE---NOTHING BUT ADVERTISING TO BUY -CAN'T GET THROUGH-GOOD BY

The issue seems with the printhead of the printer. It is not detecting some of the cartridges, that is why you are getting blank pages. That is why I asked to try cleaning.

If the issue persists even after cleaning, you may have to get the printhead replaced. However this is costly and I would suggest you get help from a local technician. However, if the repair is costly, it is better to get a new printer instead.

Thank you.

S H E F I N