Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Oxf1 is showing up on my pinter after installing ink

Customer Question
Oxf1 is showing up...

Oxf1 is showing up on my pinter after installing ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I installed an ink cartridge and oxf1 code shows up. WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: Huh?

0xF1 shows up after I installed new ink cartridge

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?

A memo came up if I would like to change the cartridge. I said no but changed the cartridge

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

Can you install the cartridge and let me know, if the error message disappear or not ?

How do you install carriage Ed-3640
I moved the ink carriage to the left and it still says error code Oxf1

Do you have removed the carraige from the printer or the cartridge ?

No, don't know how. I just moved the ink carriage all the way to the left. Turned off computer, turned it on and the ink went back to the right.
are you there?

Do you have installed the old cartridge, as I have requested in my first reply ?

It says print head nozzle clogged. It is actually out of ink.

Do you checked the ink level of the old cartridge ?

empty
I put the new one and got the oxf1 error

Thanks for the update, the problem is with the new cartridges, it has some manufacturing defect and most probably the chip installed on the cartridge is defective. This is a very common problem with any inkjet cartridges. You can get it replaced from the store, as it has manufacturing defect.

Is there a proper way to install this? The last time I changed it in the middle of printing.

Yes, there is a correct way to install the cartridges. Please wait I will post the steps.

I did it, Thank you.I have another WF-3640 epson at my office. It is connected to my PC wirelessly. If i try to print from my laptop it does not print. When I come home and walk in the door it starts printing.

Where is the router, at your home or office ?

I have a router at home and a WF-3640 and my computer is connected wirelessly. My office is 20 minutes away with the same printer. Does not print but when I come home it starts printing. I tried usb at the office but still does not print.

Please remember to give rating for my time and effort.

I also have a router at the office. I never did connect my laptop to the printer at the office because it had same model number. It does not print with usb

Sorry, I could not get back to you, as I was offline, please let me know, when you want to continue.

Sowrav D.
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer