Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannot locate the WPS button on access point, I am setting…

Customer Question
Cannot locate the WPS...

Cannot locate the WPS button on access point

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I am setting up a new printer MB2020 for my desktop via my wireless router

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?

Nothing I Know

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/4/2016
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

Belkin Wireless Router, Model F5D8233-4
My new printer, a Canon MB2020 is asking to press and hold the WPS button the access point, then press OK

If you look at the back of the router, you will find two small buttons. The one next to the power cable is the reset button so do not press that one. The other button on the other end is the WPS button. Are you able to find that?

Thank you.

That did not work

"What" did not work? You pressing the button didn't work?

the printer timed out without connecting

How long did you press the WPS button? You should press it for 10 seconds when prompted.

I pressed and held the WPS button then press the OK button on the printer. Held the WPS button until the printer timed out!

How long did you press the button? It works as such: You press and hold the WPS button on the router for 10 seconds and let go.

I pressed and held for 10 seconds, then let go, the printer again timed out

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

NO, Thank you for your effort

You are welcome.

Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 2 years ago
Robert M., Consultant

Before you get to the point where it says go hold the button does the printer find your router ?

Robert M., Consultant