Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a 4630 aio connection inprinter not connecting to…

Customer Question
I have a 4630 aio...
I have a 4630 aio connection inprinter not connecting to power cord power cord ok was thinkink of buying another aio i have ink service to 4630 aio does that transfer over to. New printer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/4/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Dorsey.

Assuming you are referring to a HP Officejet 4630, that is a 2013 model printer.

These printers are designed for a maximum 3 year service life, and your model is now long discontinued. HP purposely changes up the ink cartridges with each new model year, to force you to buy more ink over time as the printers fail every few years and need to be replaced too.

The "61" cartridges used by your model are no longer usable, they only fit your model. The newer printers won't accept them. The current model year printers take a 63 cartridge.

If looking for a replacement, I’d recommend any of the Epson workforce series printers. They tend to be very reliable, are easy to set up and use, have good print quality, and reasonably priced ink. Example: http://amzn.to/1F4fCYC or http://amzn.to/1NYUF1P

Note that these, like all consumer grade inkjet printers, are designed to be low cost and are essentially disposable after a few years, subsidized by the high cost of ink cartridges. If you wish to have a better quality and longer lasting printer, that comes with years worth of ink up front, consider the Epson ecotank models instead: http://amzn.to/1PpOj0C

Alternately, for a more business/commercial grade product that will be rated for a 5 year life, consider a laser printer. Lasers cost more up front also, but a toner cartridge can last for thousands of pages. A black only all in one laser is around $125: http://amzn.to/1JSHOlQ

while a color model is about twice that: http://amzn.to/1n4I7Q5

Best regards,

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Did you need more help with this, Dorsey?