Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Saulius, I have a problem cleaned printer heads Roland xc…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a problem cleaned printer heads Roland xc 540 and after cleaning shows error 0080. please help me , SAULIUS

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

When you cleaned the printer heads, did you touch the carriage? As sometimes if you bump the carriage or move it by hand, it will cause that error.

If you didnt touch the carriage or move it, then what you have is a scan motor deviation error.

This is what causes it and a service techs steps to repair it.

Scan Motor Deviation Error

End User Condition

1. Media Jam or striking media guides.

2. Moving the Carriage by hand.

3. Carriage runs into an object.

4. Media is stuck on the media core.

Mechanical Issue

1. There is a bad contact/cut-line in the cable.

2. Drive wire attachment screw on cutter carriage is loose.

3. Low wire tension.

4. High scan motor hours

5. Bad or burned IC's on servo board

Actions

1. Check wire tension and wire attachment screw.

2. Manually move cutter and print carriage check for obstructions on the linear rail or specific resistance.

3. Check for clicking from LH idler pulley, if yes, replace.

4. Check y motor mounting screws, and wire condition.

5. Y scan motor gear noise? Loosen attachment screws and pivot scan motor away from main gear. Recheck for resistance on the linear bearing.

6. Clean linear bearing, 3 in 1 light duty oil.

7. Does it fail during

8. Run scan aging

9. Check y motor and y encoder cable connections

10. Replace scan motor first then maybe servo board.

11. Versacamm - Blown IC 3 or IC 2 near connector CN3- Change both y scan motor and Servo Board.

What you can do, Is check to see if there are any paper jams, anything that might be preventing free movement of the carriage and the scanner head.

After youve checked for any obstructions, Turn the machine off. Unplug it from power for half an hour. Then plug it back in and see if it still gets the error.

If it does, you may need either your head /carriage position calibrated, or the scanner or servo motor or board replaced. Your best bet would be to call your local service center and have them come out and fix it. And this is fixable~

https://www.rolanddga.com/dealers

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.