Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I'm trying to scan some docs to become attachments to

Customer Question

Hi, Jason: I'm trying to scan some docs to become attachments to e-mails. However, my mg 6220 appears to be in need of an additional piece of s/w on my pc to make this work. probably a special driver?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 10

There is extra software, MP Navigator EX, that is required for the Autoscan feature, but for manual wireless scanning, all that is required is a good connection. Wireless networks work flawlessly for printing, but they often lose their connection for scanning. When this occurs, the remedy is simply to reinstall the complete printer drivers. Canon has not updated the drivers for Windows 10. You can download the Windows 8 drivers from this link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg6220

To guarantee a clean installation, it is best to go to Control Panel > Programs and uninstall all the software programs for the Pixma MG62210 printer before installing the drivers, but you do not need to do this each time you lose your scan-to-computer function.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. My name is ***** ***** I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!