Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I hve a HP 4300 printer and it jams, untl I can get someone…

Customer Question
I hve a HP 4300...
I hve a HP 4300 printer and it jams, untl I can get someone to fix it, i have connected my
HP1000 printer but I need to know how to get it installed on my desk computer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/3/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Don't connect the HP1000 printer yet... well, you already have.

Disconnect it from the computer, then. And go to

Control Panel - Devices and Printers

(if you are on a Windows computer) and find its icon, if there is one there for the 1000 series already, click on its icon once, then Del or Delete that icon.

Then restart your computer.

Then let me know what Windows version is on the computer. And I will instruct you what drivers/software to download for your Windows type and version, from this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-1000-Printer-series---J1/4066042/model/4066376

As I said, let me know the Windows version on your computer, and I will instruct you further. (If you have an Apple computer, the preceding procedure is somewhat different, and let me know the MAC OS X version on it.) Thanks.