Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Help connecting a Canon PIXMA MG3520 Black Wireless to ASUS…

Customer Question
Help connecting a Canon PIXMA...
Help connecting a Canon PIXMA MG3520 Black Wireless to ASUS Chromebook
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/3/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your particular Canon printer is capable of connection to Google Cloud.

(Note: if hooked up to a computer with a Google Cloud connection, then that computer needs to have its firewall software allow the connection to Google Cloud of the printer attached to it.)

First, get it connected to the Google Cloud facility... this means it must be connected by wireless or wired means to your local internet router.

Use these instructions:

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1069693?hl=en

to setup your Canon printer.

If you have any problems, I think you ought to try this troubleshooter:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/troubleshooter/1251719?hl=en

which first of all asks whether your print jobs aren't printing, or whether the printer itself does not show up in the printers list as present.

If not in the printers list, then make sure it is On, connected to the internet (and thus to the Cloud.)

Also, make sure your Chromebook is signed in to your Google account, and that your printer is associated with your Google account.