Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just purchased a PIXMA MG 7720. Attempted to download the…

Customer Question
Just purchased a PIXMA MG...
Just purchased a PIXMA MG 7720. Attempted to download the driver and the message received stated: no driver for my Mac OS X 10.6.8 operating system. I don't want to upgrade my OS because I lose my ability to use all my Word and Excel files. What can I do? Is there a different Canon printer that would work with my present system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/1/2016
Technician: Sowrav D., Engineer replied 2 years ago
Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer

No new printer will work with older version of MAC, but I do not understand that, who gave you the information that, Word and Excel files will not work in the updated version of MAC OS, because Word and Excel is thirdparty software and if you upgrade the OS, nothing will be effected except the inbuilt MAC softwares. Unless you completely format the hard drive and install the latest OS.