Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a paper jam - how do I clear it so I can print?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
3/1/2016
Technician: MasterFixIt, Technician replied 2 years ago
MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician

Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your All in One Printer ?

How did this seem to happen? Also is there still paper jammed inside?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Printer is about 2 - 3 years old - I really don't remember but I haven't had for too long. Paper jam when I tried to print an email I was sending. Printer was printing fine until this occurred earlier in the day. Paper is still jammed inside right now.
Are you there? I haven't heard or seen any response

Hi Thanks,

You will need to try this: HP Tech Support.***-***-****, try them, they used to be free;-)

But do you have a the user manual?

If not here is a free copy as well, please visit this link: http://www.manualslib.com/manual/274569/Hp-Deskjet-5740.html

also from the manual, please see this page on clearing the paper jam;-)

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/274569/Hp-Deskjet-5740.html?page=76#manual

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great eve!

Tech Michael