Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

CANON IMAGECLASS D1120 VERTICAL BLACK STREAKS DOWN THE RIGHT…

Customer Question
CANON IMAGECLASS D1120 i AM GETTING...
CANON IMAGECLASS D1120
i AM GETTING VERTICAL BLACK STREAKS DOWN THE RIGHT HAND SIGN OF MY DOCUMENTS. I HAVE CLEANED THE FEEDER CLEANER BUT THE STREAKS ARE STILL PRESENT.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/29/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue, I am here to assist you in its resolution.

Please follow the steps below:

You can clean the platen glass and the underside of the ADF by following the procedure below.

1. Turn OFF the Main Power Switch and disconnect the power cord.

2. Open the ADF.

3. Clean the ADF scanning area on the left side of the platen glass and the same area on the lid (the area that would touch the scanning area when the lid is down) with a cloth dampened with water. You will want to carefully and fully clean the glass in the ADF scanning area. Look for scratches, tiny spots and marks of any sort. If marks are noticed, you may have to clean the platen glass up to three times or more depending on what created the mark (i.e.. correction fluid, pen ink). You can use a soft lint free cloth either dry, with glass cleaner or water to clean the glass and may have to scrub until it squeaks to remove certain types of marks.

NOTE: Please spray the cloth with the cleaning solution and not the glass.

Another way to ensure the mark is removed is to use a credit card by placing in on a angle and sliding it across the glass in one direction. The plastic of the card will not scratch the glass. You can then lift the credit card when reaching the end of the glass and return to the other side to slide it across again. Then wipe the area with a soft, dry cloth.

4. Close the ADF.

5. Reconnect the power cord and turn ON the Main Power Switch.

Caution: Be careful not to get your fingers caught.

After cleaning the glass, run 4-5 blank/clean pages through to test it. If the thin black line still appears, please try cleaning the scanning area again as a mark on the glass is the only cause for this. If the issue persists, there may be a scratch in the glass which would require service.

This is a way to take care of the Glass. In a moment or two another solution for Streaking...

Still have streaks. The streaks appear from computer to printer. No streaks when copies from glass.

Trying to eliminate all known offenders Sir or Madam.... Now to the Fixing Unit:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/275603/Canon-Imageclass-D1120.html?page=225#manual

and the next page 226 also for the needed instructions.

I still have a vertical streak on the right hand side of the paper. Do not charge my credit card? Looks like this cannot be fixed. I will rate the expert at the top. Problem not solved. I had already been through the steps in the manual. I do not want to be charged for this or spend any money for Secure Remote Assistance. I feel like I just need a new printer.

Ok, there are more steps to do to resolve the issue. This is a Laser Printer Sir or Madam. The fist step is to see if the folks have checked the manual. You have so on to the next steps.

Since you have a Laser Printer, there are some options to now use. Use Laser Printer cleaning paper to run through the printer. It is able to pick up most built up debris in both Ink Jet and Laser Printers.

Next, you will need to clean the Corona Wire for your Printer.

Then change the Toner Cartridge if cleaning the Corona Wire does not resolve the Streaking.

Do these steps and get back to me if there is still a problem.