Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. All ink cartridges are new.

Customer Question
I have an Epson Stylus...
I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. All ink cartridges are new. I have cleaned the heads, and have a new maintenance cartridge installed as well. Ink seems to be coming out too fast on the photo Black and is showing up on the mainatainance cartridge. Photographs are coming out with incorrect color and with stripes. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/29/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue.. Please try this step and it should resolve the issue for you:

1. Make sure the printer is turned on.

2. Press the Menu button.
3. Press d until HEAD ALIGNMENT is highlighted. Then press r.
4. Make sure Auto is highlighted and then press r.

5. Press d or u to select the type of paper you loaded: PREM.
GLOSSY/LUSTER, P Q INK JET PAPER (Epson Presentation Paper
Matte), or ENHANCED MATTE PAPER (Ultra Premium Presentation
Paper Matte). Then press r.
6. Press Enter to start printing. After printing is complete, the printer
starts aligning the print head.
It takes several minutes to run the head alignment. The printer’s white
beam sensor reads the alignment pattern and adjusts the printer
automatically. Make sure you don’t open the top cover or turn off the
printer during this process.

If this step does not work, please let me know as there are other steps to try....

VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer