Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Epson XP820 printer I have tried to replace the ink

Customer Question
Epson XP820 printer I have tried...
Epson XP820 printer
I have tried to replace the ink cartridge with a 273XL cartridge which the printer will not accept. I put the old cartridge back and the printer will not accept that either. Message: "cannot recognize the following ink cartridges 273, 273XL". However the paper that came with the printer says that 273XL is the ink to buy.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/29/2016
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hi, I can help with the issue.

Sometimes the metal contacts on the cartridges and inside the cartridge area inside the printer get dirty and need to be cleaned. Use a cotton swab with Windex or water to clean the metal contacts. Then re-insert the cartridges