Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have ScanSnap S510 item since few years & I would like to…

Customer Question
I have ScanSnap S510...

I have ScanSnap S510 item since few years & I would like to use it with my computer running Windows 8.1. I lost the driversbut found on internet drivers& updates.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

In order to use again the scanS510 what drivers must be installed on my computer running Windows 8.1 & what is the normal sequences to load them to avoid any confusion.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?

I don't have anymore the CD-ROM provided initialy with the Eqt at time of purchase.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/29/2016
Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I couldn't find any official drivers for Windows 8.1

I found this. Download the drivers from here --> http://www.fujitsu.com/global/support/products/computing/peripheral/scanners/scansnap/software/s510-setup.html

After installing, open the Scan Snap Manager app and does it recognize the scanner ?

i did loading of driver V4.2L14 then the update V4.2L31 but I have no set up icone for the last set up.
The only available is for L14 but when I click on it, a window opens asking to remove the old version.
When I want o load the organizer drive V3.2L20, got a window saying that it is not possible to down load it as the cible is not installed but V3.2L13 is not available on direct access.
Note that I am in France & my english is not perfect as it should be to deal this kind of issue.

Download this one --> http://bit.ly/1WS7pwW

Then open the Windows's scan app and does it recognize the scanner ?

cannot get access to this url

That is because it an exe installation file. Can you download it from here --> http://bit.do/bPoAv

After installing it, connect the device to different USB port of your computer and let it install drivers automatically. Then use Microsoft's scan app to scan

Ashik,
in // to your proposal I contacted my company hotline to see if they could install the drivers on my company laptop. I let them doing the work and they found & loaded the drivers.. Now it works fine on my company Laptop & on my personal as I reproduce the process. In fact I have to unzip the files but when the black Window opened to give the orders I did not know what to do with.
Now I know & it works But thanks for your patience

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Since I didn't solve your issue, you can contact***@******.*** for refund.

Have a great day,