Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have an Epson WP-4530 that is leaving a blue strip down…

Customer Question
I have an Epson WP-4530...
I have an Epson WP-4530 that is leaving a blue strip down the right side of the paper
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/28/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

First, what paper type do you have set? You dont have it set to glossy or matte photo do you?

As far as repairing the issue, if you havent performed and alignment yet. Lets try to align the printhead.

http://files.support.epson.com/htmldocs/wfp4530/wfp453000ug/source/printers/source/ink_functions/tasks/aligning_head_lcd_wp4530.html

Let me know if that works!

And if not, we will continue working the issue.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

I have done both an alignment and head cleaning , no results, same problem
The feed hole in the ink cartridge looks like the valve might be letting in to much ink, changed the cartridge and still have the same pronlem

It sounds like the blue inlet valve on your printhead has failed according to your description.

Unfortunately, that printer doesnt have a user replaceable printhead. So my next question is, how old is the printer? If its under a year old we can get it replaced by epson.

If its over a year old, its time to consider replacing it. Personally, Id go with a model that has a replaceable printhead because regardless of the printer model printheads always fail over time.

For instance, you can get the printhead in this model for around 30-40$ currently. http://amzn.to/1T3H5lf

That means in a year or three when the printhead fails, instead of replacing the printer at full cost you can spend 30-404 and have a working machine for a few more years.

Dustin S.