Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Alarm light is on, not allowing printer to be used, printer…

Customer Question
Alarm light is on...

Alarm light is on, not allowing printer to be used

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Printer will not operate. on light flashes alternately with alarm light. printer cannot be used

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Printer Technician should know?

Not sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/28/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check on whatever might make the Alarm light come On.

1: enough paper - but not too much. Over 25 sheets sometimes bothers printers.

2: unplug from power for 15+ minutes, then try again.

3: check ink levels. If any cartridge is too low, that might alarm the printer. But: don't just replace cartridges blindly. That is an expense, and usually doesn't work. Use the printer's controls/display (depending upon model) or use the software provided with the printer on your computer, to determine the ink levels.

Let me know the maker and model #, and I will advise you in more specific terms. Thanks.