Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother HL_3170CDW printer that is just over a year…

Customer Question
I have a Brother HL_3170CDW...
I have a Brother HL_3170CDW printer that is just over a year old. We a getting a smudge and /or impression spot every 2.25 inches apart; 2.25 inches from the left side of the paper and about 1.125 inchesW in size and .250 inches in H.
I have pulled the ink cartridges and checked the rollers - drums and they look fine, the transfer conveyor on the bottom looks good.
I think it is the something stuck to the rear discharge roller, but am not able to roll in over to see the back side and am not sure how to remove.
Any ideas or instructions on removing the rear discharge roller?
Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/28/2016
Technician: VanMagnus Systems, Engineer replied 2 years ago
VanMagnus Systems

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. I need to know if you are using Windows or MAC OS X?