Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Error Code 0x97

Customer Question
Error Code 0x97
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/27/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Ed.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem which is considered a "fatal error" and will almost certainly require service.

This specific error pertains to a scanner pcb fault and/or logic board failure.

The only thing you can try in this case is to reset the machine:

unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

If still on change, it confirms an internal fault, which requires service. Service for these is not practical either, as repairs on your own would be $200-250, while you could buy a brand new machine for half that. Luckily, this is a 2014 model, so depending on purchase date you should still be under the epson 1 year warranty, and can file a warranty claim to have them repair it. If beyond that, it wouldn't be worth fixing.

Let me know how the reset goes, and I'll help with contact info to file a warranty claim at that point if needed, finding replacements, etc.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Do you need more help with this, Ed?