Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

When you buy a canon Printer all in one with a 5 year

Customer Question
guarantee, why do you have...
When you buy a canon Printer all in one with a 5 year guarantee, why do you have to pay a $23.00 fee if the fax part stops working?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/28/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I can help you with this problem.

As for the charge: if that was Verizon that charged you, that was for work on their phone lines. If you mean the charge from JustAnswer.com, I have no power over charges, billing, etc. And this is JustAnswer.com... we aren't Canon, so Canon warranty coverage doesn't apply. (I don't think so anyway... I'm admit I'm not an expert on warranty provision law.)

If your fax line is not receiving, try calling into the fax's number from outside, or from a cell phone. What do you hear? the phone line ringing, then does the line pick up, or does it sound tones, or does it prompt you to leave a message?

What Receive Mode is the Canon device's Fax Settings set in? if it is one of several modes, that could be the problem. You would want it to be Fax Only I think, which would ensure automatically picking up and answering incoming calls... unless you have other devices on the line, if so, one of them may be causing the problem.

Let me know, and I will advise you further. Thanks.