Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have canon MG5320 printer and it is showing an error code…

Customer Question
I have canon MG5320 printer...
I have canon MG5320 printer and it is showing an error code of 6A81 what is this and how do I get my printer back to work and rid of this code. Thanx AL
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/27/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Error 6A81 is a purge unit error and the most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or in the paper path or in the purge unit. Use a flashlight to examine the purge unit area for foreign object. Move the carriage to the far right and look at the timing disk inside the cover on the far left.
Open the cover and when the printhead holder comes to the replacement position, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.
Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.
Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.
Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and gently shake it few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.
Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.
If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.
After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way minutes. Then replace everything back.
Tell me how it goes!

Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer