Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My epson wf 4640 is giving me the0x97 error code. what can i…

Customer Question
My epson wf 4640...

My epson wf 4640 is giving me the0x97 error code. what can i do to correct the problem

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When i try to print it prints just the top of the page then give error code 0x97 and then it says turn off the printer and turn it back on again. when you try to print same thing happens again

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/27/2016
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands , turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still it doesn't helps then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold a A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!