Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have a printer #ESP-C310. I installed a new black

Customer Question

I have a printer #ESP-C310. I installed a new black cartridge in and a message come up (Print head is missing or loose). Everything I can see looks ok. Now what do I do? Thank You
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for posting your question, the problem is caused due to defective or loose printhead and not due to any cartridge, that is why the problem is same after removing and reseating the cartridge. Printhead is the compartment, in which we install the cartridges and that is why most of the user get confused with this error message.

Now, to solve the problem the last solution is replacing the printhead with a new one, but before that follow the steps below to remove the printhead then, clean the gold contacts on it with a cotton swab and IP alcohol, after that reseat the printhead and check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead.

Let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please rememeber to give positive rating, as that is the only way to compensate for my time and effort.

1. Remove the color and black ink cartridges.
  2. Remove the existing printhead by lifting the latch in the center of the carriage.
  3. Close the printer access door.
  4. Clean the contacts on printhead.
  5. Place the printhead in the carriage.
  6. Push firmly against the target label of the printhead until you hear a loud snap.
  7. .Install the color and black ink cartridges.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 year ago.

You can also watch the video from this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1AYgfPHy0o for the instructions.