Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My name is ***** ***** My printer keeps saying its in error…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is...

Hi. My name is ***** ***** My printer keeps saying its in error state. I don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I don't know to much about computers or printers but every time I try to print it just keeps saying canon MX470 series is in error state. I've restarted the printer and the computer but its still not doing anything

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question. If we forget about the computer for a moment.

If you place a document on the scanner glass of the printer and press copy on the printer, will it make a copy or do you get an error still?

it does make a copy

excellent.. so we know on a basic level, the printer is working.

So the error must be with your computer software for the printer. I can help you fix this.. But first a few more questions about your computer.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

its a windows 8 touchscreen

Thank you.

One last question and we can start the repairs, is your printer connected via a USB cable, or wirelessly?

And also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and repair the printer software for you? If so, accept the secure remote connection offer I sent you.