Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Cannon MX922 quit working on Zfinity WiFi. My Mac, IPhone…

Customer Question
Cannon MX922 quit working on...
Cannon MX922 quit working on Zfinity WiFi. My Mac, IPhone and I Pad work OK and sync well. My printer was workng well with the Mac and IPad and IPhone, bu suddenly quit. I have re-entered Access point and passcode on printer to no avail. Copy function ok but not scanner. Yellow error light on (no explanation in on line manual that I can find).
These printers are very inexpensive. Should I scrap this one and replace it with a new one?
This is the newest of three I own at different locations. Other two have never had trouble with.
Jerry Stephens
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Hello Jerry, and welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Personally, Im a fan of salvaging printers. While it sounds like your scanner motor has failed on the printer you have, the printhead, control panel and other parts still have service life left on them.

So one possibility would be to purchase the same identical model, that way you can continue to use your ink you have for that printer, and more importantly you will have a second working printhead you can scavenge when the printhead fails. For instance, here is the same model of printer you already have, the mx 922. http://amzn.to/1QLmJgw And here is the cost of the printhead. http://amzn.to/1Lj3OY2

So even though the scanner has failed, the printhead inside your current unit is still worth 50$ ( the cost to replace it ) And if you have even one set of ink you have close to 100$ of value in your non functioning printer.. Those parts would be useless to you if you go with a different model of printer.

And thats the reason I am suggesting replacing it with the same model.

Now with that being said, since theres no firmware update for your model. And since theres no user replaceable parts for the scanner itself. Theres really only one move we can make here.

Forget about network scanning for a moment.

If you insert a document on the scanner glass and press the copy button on the machine itself, will it allow you to make a copy?

If not, then the scanner has failed.

If it will allow you to make a copy, then the error is something we can fix.

When you have had time to read over and digest my response Jerry, youre welcome to get back to me and we can discuss this further.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.