Printers

Printer Repair Questions? Ask IT Technicians for Answers ASAP

Printers

Changed the color cartridge on printer 4645 but received a

Customer Question
message on the screen "The...
Changed the color cartridge on printer 4645 but received a message on the screen "The following ink cartridge must be replace" below it is an oblong filled with black. Changed the black cartridge with a new one (both genuine HP) but forgot to take off the protective strip. Took out the cartridge and replaced it without the stripo but still receive the same screen message. Have removed the cartridge and cleaned it, several times, have turned off the printer several times, have tried to order it to print but nothing will get rid of the message. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Printers
2/26/2016
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 1 year ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did all that you suggest very carefully. Unplugged for half an hour then turned on and inserted cartridges. Still get the message that a cartridge needs to be replaced even though it is a brand new cartridge. Tried the old cartridge but no joy. Am annoyed to have been charged the full amount when the web site said I would pay the additional to the $5 only when satisfied.

1. Load letter or A4, unused, plain white paper into the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to select Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Clean Printhead, and then press OK. The printer cleans the printhead, and then prints a printhead test page.

If the issue persists, try cleaning Ink smears too.

1. Load plain white paper in the paper tray.

2. On the printer control panel, press the Down Arrow to scroll to Tools, and then press OK.

3. Press the Down Arrow to scroll to Clean Ink Smear, and then press OK.

4. Print a test page.

If the issue still persists, you may have to replace the printheads or repair the printer in order to get it resolved.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Also, make sure that you have aligned the cartridges after replacing it.

3. Press the Down Arrow to select Align Printer, and then press OK. The printer prints a test page, and then prompts you to scan the page.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing you suggested worked. However, I discovered the oblong in the message relates not to the black cartridge but to the color one. Replaced the new cartridge with the old empty one and can now print in black with faded color. After a successful print tried replacing the empty color cartridge with the new one only to receive the same old message. I believe that the new color cartridge is faulty and will take it back to the store, even though in all the years I have ben buying cartridges this has never happened to me before. You did not alert me to the fact that the oblong relates to the color cartridge, something I think an expert should have known, and I trust you will agree that you did not solve my problem and that you are not entitled to the full fee you charged.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. If you have charged, please contact our customer support to get a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you.

S H E F I N