Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Laser Jet Pro MFP m521dw I need to identify the number of…

Customer Question
Laser Jet Pro MFP m521dw Hello...
Laser Jet Pro MFP m521dw
Hello I need to identify the number of copies the photo copier and printer have produced since August 2015 to end February 2016.
Could you advise how I can get this report please
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/26/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the following seems a little incomplete, I ask for a little understanding - in my time zone in the US it is after midnight, and I will shortly be retiring to sleep. But I need to give you what answer there is to your question.

I suspect that, unfortunately, there may be no direct way of finding out your printer's page usage in a given period - except to print printed-page-count reports periodically (or, at the beginning and then again at the end, of the period you want to find out about), and note down whenever you change a cartridge or cartridges.

The reports that detail page-counts that I could find, for this printer, are as follows:

Supplies Status

which shows, for each cartridge, the pages printed, and the pages remaining in the cartridge.

Usage Page

which shows PCL pages, PCL 6 pages, PS pages, pages that were jammed or mispicked in the product, monochrome (black and white) or color pages; and reports the page count

and doubtfully the

Service Page

which prints out the service report. I doubt it contains page counts, but it might.

(If you need help with the specifics of printing out these report pages, let me know... but I frankly might be not responding for some hours or up to 9 hours, depending upon how long I sleep. I must ask some patience of you, please. I'm sorry the situation isn't any better at the moment.)