Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My scanner lock switch wont turn off on my mp960 canon

Customer Question
printer help?...
My scanner lock switch wont turn off on my mp960 canon printer help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/25/2016
Technician: WesPCDr, Technician replied 2 years ago
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician

Hi, I can help with the issue.

There is an internal circuit board that may be defective. We can try to reset it to see if that works otherwise, it will require repair.

First, unplug the printer for 1 minute, then plug it back in and try turning the switch back on while holding the power button.

If that does not work, then check if your printer is under warranty so you can get a replacement printer. Otherwise, the defective circuit board will need repair and might be more cost effective to purchase a new printer rather than repair it.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I will be glad to answer.

Also, please rate my answer below based on your satisfaction. Thank you.

WesPCDr
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Technician