Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Hp office jet 65009A is saying "load paper" and…

Customer Question
My Hp office jet 65009A...
My Hp office jet 65009A is saying "load paper" and won't print even though there is plenty of paper in the tray
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
how do i fix this?
2/26/2016
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try turning Off the printer for 1/2 hour. See if that clears the error.

While it is Off, remove the tray, and re-seat the tray.

Try putting one sheet of paper at least, in all trays, and in the manual feed area also, if your printer model has a manual feed. Provision all paper sources, in short, with some paper in each.

If the 'load paper' message is owing to the print job being mistakenly directed to the wrong tray, or to an unexpected and unintended paper source, then that paper source will react by feeding in paper in that area. That, if you see that happening, will provide a clue as to which paper source the print job is being directed to. With that data, the setting may be corrected.

Or, you could check the Paper Source and/or Paper Tray setting in or on:

1. the printer's own settings

2. the printer's driver settings on the computer, and

3. the printing settings in the program you are printing from (if it has such settings. On Windows, a way of testing this more easily, is to print from Notepad, which has no printing settings of its own, eliminating (3) from the possible causes of the error message.

but it only has one paper source?

If it has only one paper source, then a lot of what I said - but not all - is not appropriate.

also it doesn't have a removable tray

Then remove the paper stack, make sure it is normal-sized, not stuck together, and load the tray again with only 25 or less sheets.

did you look at the model?

Admittedly I did not research every single aspect of it.

What size of paper is it loaded with?

how can you give advice without even looking at the model

I am sorry you have not tried anything I suggested, and since I cannot possibly make any progress advising you at that rate, I have Opted Out, turning over the case to an Expert who might be able to make progress with this case.

Technician: BigDish101,
 replied 2 years ago
BigDish101