Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't get my Epson stylus photo R300 to print. My computer…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my Epson stylus photo R300 to print. My computer tells me it is out of ink, but I just put new cartridges in last week.

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes printer issues that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Printer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Cannot get my EpsonStylus Photo R300 to print. I changed the cartridges last week with the proper Epson cartridges which I ordered on line. My computer says the printer is out of ink. It has not worked since I changes the cartridges.

Technician's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Printer Technician now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/25/2016
Technician: Michelle, Printer Expert replied 2 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Let me know the operating system on the computer thats connected to the printer

please follow these steps

on the printer press the down arrow button(picture of inverted triangle in a circle)

select more options..press ok

use up arrow to select ink cartridge replacement option

press ok

once the carriage comes to center open the cover and remove the ink cartridges

after about 30 secs insert the ink cartridges back in and press the ok button

close the printer cover

it will start charging the ink and once you get the message about charging complete press ok button

then try a print and check

if still the same message unplug printer power cord, keep the ON button pressed for 10 secs

wait for 2 minutes

plug in power cord and turn on printer

try a print and let me know the status

i will suggest further accordingly