Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I can't seem to get a decent print quality on my HP Envy…

Customer Question
Hi, I can't seem...

Hi, I can't seem to get a decent print quality on my HP Envy 110. I get cloudy prints all the time. It's the same on my Canon pixma too. I have decent quality Canon glossy paper, and I'm trying all of the best, ***** ***** settings on my Macbook Pro. But the quality of the prints is really quite poor.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I've even downloaded a high definition image just in case it was my own images that were poor but it remains the same. A cloudy haze over the image which settles down after a while but remains cloudy nontheless.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/24/2016
Technician: John, Computer Science Engineer replied 2 years ago
John, Computer Science Engineer

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer, my name is***** allow me to assist you with your question today, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.

First make sure to use genuine HP and Canon cartridges, and not refilled, even if they are HP/Canon cartridges, make sure they are not refilled, but brand new. Also, avoid generic brands.

Then make sure to install the newest drivers. For the HP Envy 110, you can download the drivers from here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-110-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---D4/5070119/model/5070124/drivers <=== CLICK HERE

Let me know the exact OS of your Mac if you want me to give you the exact downloadable driver link. If you are not sure about your OS, click here: whatsmyOS.com and let me know.

For your Canon, please let me know the exact Canon Pixma model number.

For your HP, you can clean the area around the ink nozzles, following the step six found here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03068767

=====

Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.

Please read below also:

Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.

If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.

Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!

=====

John, your answer only cover pretty basic stuff I have to say. I've checked software and drivers prior to asking for your help and everything is up to date. If the problem is the same on two different printers, AND I'm using OEM inks then the issue must be more linked to paper, or something. My problem is a cloudyness, a slight blueish haze on the printed images that fades a little after a while but remains nonetheless. The images lack the vibrancy and depth that I would expect from a modern inkjet printer and whatever I do in print set ups, whether within an application, say Photoshop Elements, or whether it is via the stock Mac OS print routine I get the same result. Rather limp images with this slightly cloudy haze that doesn't go away. Now, is it the paper? Is it my expectations? I recall printing stock hi-res images back as far as the late 1990's and getting crisp, vivid results on pretty standard paper. I really don't get it.

It may be the quality of the printers, or the drivers are not fully compatible with your Mac. I would try to print from a PC and see if you get better results, if you do, then the Mac drivers for your printers are not good. Is it possible for you to do this test?

Thanks,