Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Missing or failed printhead-please help me fix my hp

Customer Question
officejetpro 8610...
missing or failed printhead-please help me fix my hp officejetpro 8610
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/24/2016
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Most of the time, the printhead has to be replaced when you receive that error.

The problem with replacing it is the cost. For instance, you can get a new 8610 printer here for barely more then the cost of the printhead. http://amzn.to/1T5w9nw

And here is the printhead itself http://amzn.to/1PXz0Le

This document will show you how to replace the printhead.

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c04091615

Before you buy a new printhead, I strongly suggest you run through the document above.. Remove your old printhead, clean the electrical contacts on it. Unplug the machine from power.. Wait a minute.

Plug it back in and then insert the same old printhead you have. That may get it working again.

If not, you will need to either purchase and install a new printhead. Or consider a new machine.

If you have further questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

ok thanks-this printer has never been used so hopefully it works

If the printer has never been used..

Then definitely take out and reinstall the printhead.. Also, if that doesnt work. ( or even if it does )

Please send a reply here as with a new printer, there are other options we could discuss.

And if reinstalling the printhead does work, please dont forget to return and click and submit a rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Thank you,

Dustin S.