Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How in the heck do I clear a paper jam on Lexmark p315 photo…

Customer Question
How in the heck do...
How in the heck do I clear a paper jam on Lexmark p315 photo printer ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Printers
2/23/2016
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Technician

Hi there and welcome

Can you open the printer please where you put the ink cartridges in.

Do you see any paper there at all? It may be very small and even a torn corner can set off the sensor.

Please let me know.

I did find a tiny piece of paper, I have removed it.
You still There Richard ?

I am here, just replying Kaye.

Do you still get the Paper Jam error?

checking now

Thanks

how did it go Kaye?

It's no difference, I will have to see what this strip that just came out is .

ok, likely more if it is still in the printer.

Remove the ink and check very carefully as I am sure there is more paper in there then just this strip.

Use a vacuum and if someone can help you, try turning it upside down to shake anything out.

Let me know how you go please

Ok, I'll try.

thank you, ***** ***** for the results

I can't find any more, a piece of wire that goes to something in the there, fell out...

ok, no wire will have fallen out, as its all secured and it takes a lot more then that to budge it.

Are you still getting the paper jam error?

I guess my Husband will have to deal with it now !!!!! I'm getting Ink all over the place
I am

ok, can you now remove the power to the printer, so unplug it from the power socket then wait 10 minutes.

Then connect the power and tell me if you still get the error please.

Richard, now it say's clear the carrier jam

ok, open the back flap on the printer, do you see any paper there Kaye?

I do not see anything there. I quit for the day. sorry

ok, it then points to the paper sensor Kaye that has faulted, else you would have found the rest of the paper when carefully looking.

If there is nothing, then I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit.

Thank you